6-15-2020 Service Update:
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, EDI Service department is continuing to restrict travel for our employees. Projects requiring air travel will be offered virtual inspection services to assist with commissioning. Projects within driving distance of EDI headquarters in Columbia, MO will be evaluated per the CDC in that area to determine safety. Please allow three weeks’ notice for scheduling purposes.
Please contact the service department to assist with scheduling your inspection at: firstname.lastname@example.org or using the form below.
You are aware many states have already issued or may be issuing the “shelter in place” order in the days to come. As our nation fights against the spread of COVID-19 it is necessary for specific industries and suppliers of those industries to continue production as needed.
The operations of Environmental Dynamics International (EDI) has been designated as essential critical infrastructure within the critical manufacturing for wastewater treatment sector during the COVID-19 response in accordance with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency guidance issued on March 19, 2020 as shown below:
Workers necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base.
Please use this letter as confirmation of our “essential supplier” classification for the goods Environmental Dynamics International (EDI) purchases from you, as well as your supply chain.
We ask you as a valued supplier to prioritize our product along with the other essential suppliers you serve during this pandemic. We need your help working with freight carriers as well, letting them know that the shipments to EDI are “essential” for priority shipments.
Please keep us informed of any shortages or supply chain difficulties as you are made aware. EDI is committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and serving our customers in the wastewater industry.
For more information on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers download the file below.
If you have any question regarding this please contact us:
EDI COVID19 Response
We at EDI have been actively monitoring the COVID-19 developments and feel it is important to connect with you on our plans for addressing impacts to employees, our valued customers, and partners.
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. We are closely following the guidance from the government, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and relevant public health authorities. We are serious about the situation and taking an abundance of precautionary measures to ensure the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and their families.
With EDI's robust continuity and contingency plans in place, we remain open for business. We are committed to provide our customers with continued product delivery, sales support, project completion, and installation services with as much effort and determination as possible under these challenging circumstances.
Most importantly, we are instituting several policies to reduce the risk of potential transmission and do our part in the concerted effort to overcome this crisis. EDI has named a "Special Risk Assessment Team" to help monitor and respond to the continuously developing situation.
- Most of our employees around the world are now telecommuting/working from home. EDI has been extensively developing its cloud computing and online collaboration technologies over the past few years. Our sales and project management teams are well trained and ready to effectively communicate with each other, our customers, contractors, and partners to carry out business as usual.
- All nonessential business travel has been suspended until further notice. Clear procedures have been communicated with employees regarding travel cancellations while ensuring service to our clients or other business units through phone or online conferencing. Self-isolation has been made mandatory for anyone showing symptoms, or any team member with a reason to believe they have been exposed.
- Following CDC and government recommendations we are not attending any public gatherings of more than 10 people for the next 8 weeks in the United States; and we are following specific national advisories and restrictions on our International Offices and remote locations. In addition, many of the trade shows and conferences we planned to attend have been cancelled or rescheduled due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We are updating our website with new dates as they are announced: https://www.wastewater.com/tradeshows
- We are continuing to produce and ship orders from all of our production and distribution centers globally that are being operated in strictly controlled environment. We are minimizing contact through physical spacing, shifted scheduling, heightened cleaning regimens, and no/less touch equipment installation to restrooms and other facilities. We are also monitoring our supply chain to minimize any potential disruption. We will continue to contact you if any open order is impacted by factors beyond our control, and work with you for any alternative solutions, if possible.
- Virtual Inspections are now taking place in some parts of the USA, contact the Service Department for more information.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide guidance to our employees and updates to our customers and partners about how we continue to operate safely and effectively as more information on the extent and severity of the outbreak becomes available.